Our monthly giving program is the most convenient and effective way to support our work.
Monthly donations provide reliable, ongoing funding to our projects and your gift will help children in some of the poorest and most remote areas of Peru and Bolivia access teachers, books and countless educational resources that would otherwise not be available to them.
You can make a one-time donation or monthly donation online through CanadaHelps. Receipts are issued for all donations of $20 or more.
Donate a Car!
Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Alma Children’s Education Foundation. Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to Alma Children’s Education Foundation through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Alma Children’s Education Foundation to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, our charity will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use. Please click here to donate a vehicle.
Prefer to donate by phone or mail? Would like to donate stock?
Call Eleanor or Alan at 416-862-5836 and we’ll be happy to help you with your donation. Cheques, made payable to The Alma Children’s Education Foundation, can be mailed to: 19 Kingswood Rd., Toronto, ON M4E 3N4. Stock donations are a very tax effective way to donate and requires simply completing a form that we can provide to your advisor/custodian.
Please include your full name, address and email address along with your cheque to ensure prompt delivery of your tax receipt.
Does your workplace participate in the annual United Way campaign? You can designate Alma as your charity of choice and United Way will direct your donation to us. United Way sends notification of all gifts twice a year, so please let us know if you’ve pledged your contribution to Alma and we will follow up on your behalf.
Instructions on how to designate your United Way donation.
- Open your personal link.
- Select Donate now and the way you choose to donate to United Way.
- Select your amount you would like to give.
- Click on: Click here to select another United Way outside of GTA or any Registered Canadian Charity. This will be highlighted in blue and underlined. Click this link.
- Clicking this link will open a separate window. On the right-hand side of this window you will see the option: DESIGNATE TO ANOTHER UNITED WAY OR CANADA CHARITY.
- Enter our full charity name (Alma Children’s Education Foundation) in the search box. When it comes up, enter the amount you want to donate and click the green button. Save. Alma will show up under your “Donation Summary”.
- If you could send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your donation designation to Alma so we can verify that Alma receives the funding. (In the past there have been a number of Scotiabank United Way donations that were allocated to Alma that we never received)
Donation Refund Policy
If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Alma, we will honor your request for a refund made within 10 business days of your donation.
CRA Charity Registration number: 843496654 RR0001